Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Z4 Workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The Z4 has an SD card slot in the front, located next to the USB port. How can I eject it so I can insert my SD card? I've tried pushing and lightly picking it but it didn't seem to move. Attached is the photo of the Slot. IMG_20190313_073625_1552437722875.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@arywicaksana,

The manual (page 2 and 3) states the card reader is an option.  Your unit does not have it.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Pardon me, but have you seen the image attached? Next to the USB Port, that's clearly the SD Card slot. Same with the diagram on the PDF you were refering to, tagged as number 7.

Sorry for the late reply. Email got trapped on spam folder. Still need a solution though.

HP Recommended

@arywicaksana,

What I see is a "plug".  It is not open. An SD card slot would be open. There is no cover.

Why not open the case and look.  Here is the device.  Doubt it is there.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Is it possible if the slot uses some SD Card filler? My laptop and camera uses it. When there's no real SD Card inserted into the slot, the filler would cover the slot (maybe so there wouldn't be dust entering the slot). Before any SD  is inserted, you would push this filler just like you push an SD Card if it were inserted, then it would pop out, and then you would insert the real SD Card. You can see on Image 1 attached to see what I'm referring to. But as I said on the original post, I tried pushing it but wouldn't budge.

Beside, the photo I sent (the original post) showed the "Memory card reader" icon on the bottom, similar to the PDF guide you were referring to (see "Image 2".) Would be weird if they painted those icon on my unit but turns out its just there for nothing.

Image 2Image 2Image 1Image 1

HP Recommended

@arywicaksana,

I suggest you open the case and look for what is behind that cover.

You very adamant about this, and I can only suggest that you look / investigation the insides.

I told you it is an option device.

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.