Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Omen - 875-0056na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So, i have had my PC for about 5 months Now and i'm starting to see my CPU and GPU hitting 80 C in Temp.

as I'm new to Gaming desktops, I am wondering what the proper action on how to cleaning my PC or if i can or able to add on/ install more components like Fans to keep it cool, as i tried searching for tutorials but no luck.

i don't want to damage any hardware inside my PC by cleaning part that i should not touch, that i don't know that much about and to understand what and how i should do the cleaning and maintenance needed on my end will be good.  

And also if i am able to install Fans in my PC will it effect my Warranty and How.

Thanks in Advance 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

So, it seems to me rather suitable, if it is the consequence of playing or having played (it takes a little time so that the temperature drops after)
If you change components, such as the fan, and the pc breaks down, and the support considers that it is due to replacement, the warranty may no longer work!
It is still necessary to find a suitable fan, and that it is unemployed something, the gain is likely to be very low!
You can take care of the computer, like any desktop computer, with care therefore

note if it is possible you can try adding a fan as shown in the video, but this may not be effective!

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-by-hp-875-0000-obelisk-desktop-pc-series/23302709/document...

Make sure that the tower is well placed, avoid a rather closed place, the vents must be well cleared!
Try to take breaks in games, so that the computer does not overheat for a very long time

Please close the subject, marking the answer, if that suits you

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello
we do not know under what conditions, how , with what, do you get this result ?!
If this temperature reading is when the pc is not solicited (a powerful game for example), then you must contact the After Sales Service!
Otherwise, we must have the min and maximum reading with this software for example:

https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html
pc little used, and with a game ..
Room temperature, if the tower is in a tight space, find a better location
The pc being under warranty, do not modify it!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Sorry I didn't explain early I only get that temperature while I'm gaming a huge game (GTA5) and it max at 80c-85c like an hour later, i heard that is normal for omens but i want to try and degrees it a bit

HP Recommended

So if I'm unable to modify under warranty so i cant replace for a better fan? 

what will be the procedure in cleaning my desktop as there isn't many on the omen that i have or does every computer have the same cleaning process 

HP Recommended

So, it seems to me rather suitable, if it is the consequence of playing or having played (it takes a little time so that the temperature drops after)
If you change components, such as the fan, and the pc breaks down, and the support considers that it is due to replacement, the warranty may no longer work!
It is still necessary to find a suitable fan, and that it is unemployed something, the gain is likely to be very low!
You can take care of the computer, like any desktop computer, with care therefore

note if it is possible you can try adding a fan as shown in the video, but this may not be effective!

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-by-hp-875-0000-obelisk-desktop-pc-series/23302709/document...

Make sure that the tower is well placed, avoid a rather closed place, the vents must be well cleared!
Try to take breaks in games, so that the computer does not overheat for a very long time

Please close the subject, marking the answer, if that suits you

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Alright Thanks for the advice, the only reason i asked about the fan is that i heard that the stock fan that comes with the PC is that it was not that great, but i will stick with your advice and take it easy on my computer.

Thanks Again 

HP Recommended

😉

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.