Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 570-p059
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

It seems to have slots for a card but I don't know how I'd secure it in there. If you have suggestions for a specific graphics card too, that'd be very helpful.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@nsk_,

You did not give a reason for the install.  If I were to recommend a card not knowing the facts, I would be acting foolishly. I Is there some level of game play (name a title).  Be aware that performance is based on CPU, GPU and RAM interaction.

Your unit has a Willow board, and you need to measure.  Consider the dual slot card is about 1.5" width, nominal.

In a real world situation, I would suggest you turn it off. Pull the power cord. Open/remove the side panel.

Cut a piece of heavy stock card board 4.3 inch high, and 9..0 inches long. Try to insert it over the PCIEx16 slot area.. Place against the back inside edge. If too long, cut 1/2 inch and repeat until you have the maximum length.  Look at the video to visualize what I am telling you. Now you have the length of whatever GPU card would fit.

1) Your AMD A12-9800 is similar to the specifications of the I7-6700

2) The unit has adequate RAM.

3) The choice of GPU (graphic card will dictate the new PSU (power supply) required.

Video on how to install

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

I spoke with a BestBuy rep about a GT 710 after I posted this and ended up purchasing it. I have it installed now, thank you. I mainly play CSGO and I've been getting around 30fps for the past two years on all the lowest settings and I've decided that I should probably do something about it. The rep said this card should be helpful, so I got it. My only question now is why is it only working with one monitor? I have two monitors, my main's connected by HDMI and the other's by VGA, and the one connected by VGA isn't working. I had the VGA cable connected to where it was before on my computer, so I moved it to the graphics card's VGA port but it st— never mind, as I'm typing this it just shot back to life and now my other monitor is working.

Thanks for the help

HP Recommended

@nsk_,

Glad it worked out for you.  Enjoy!

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.