Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 870-244
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to figure out how to remove the GPU Bracket that is holding the GPU in place for my HP Omen 870-244. I have searched this message board, along with many others, and I cannot find instructions or even a picture of how to do this. I know that people are obviously removing their GPU's, but I cannot seem to figure out how to get the bracket out that is holding the GPU in place, and it is very frustrating. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@njannam

OMEN by HP 870-200 - 2. Service Procedure Videos

https://h20574.www2.hp.com/results.htm?SID=13687063&MEID=BA760215-AE55-43D7-812F-BAFE32582183

Click on Expansion Card.

REO

HP Recommended

This video does not help me. I have seen you reply with this video link in other posts. 

I included my specific model number because other models do not include the GPU bracket. The video shows you how to remove a card that does not use the GPU bracket. 

To be clear, I'm looking for instructions on how to remove the GPU bracket. I know how to remove the GPU, but the bracket must be removed first. 

HP Recommended

Sorry about that @njannam

Now I see what you mean.

Good luck.

REO

HP Recommended

@njannam

Please review this video.  It might be helpful even though the cabinet is quite different.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

@VersedGuardian

OMG! :Surprise:  I see that HP is not into cable management per se with it's upper end PCs. Yikes.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

Remove the screws circled in yellow. While pulling outward on the black clip (yellow "X"),  lift up on the clamp.  Note how the silver piece of metal under the mount adjacent the top screw clips to the mount. It will most likely detach when you remove the mount.  To remove the graphics card, release the clip at the front of the graphics card slot (push down) and remove the vertical plate (two screws) on the rear-left of the case adjacent the video I/O ports.  

mount.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.