Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Folks, I'm a digital Neanderthal dragging my hairy knuckles across the keyboard. I know how to check email & visit sites. I'm intimidated by technology & need a lot of help. Perhaps I can do something unique for you in exchange. Thank you any & all

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@dopom9 

Are you talking about thing like this

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-transfer-your-data-old-pc-new-pc

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@dopom9 

Are you talking about thing like this

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-transfer-your-data-old-pc-new-pc

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Use the transfer cable  If you're staying with windows 7. Make sure both P.C.'S are hooked up & running with monitors.  If you're going to win.10, ( UUGGHHHH), you can use your old hard drive externally to get all your old games, files etc. You can use the old hard drive internally, but, all the new slimline's only have room for one hard drive, which I don't like. you cannot expand unless done externally. Also, be careful about switching hard drive's internally. The motherboards aren't made the way they used to be.

Windows 10 did away with the transfer cable capabilities, but, there is a work around to use it. I did it. All my stuff didn't get transferred, so I'm preparing to do the whole external hook up so I'll be ready for the no support for Win. 7. I hate this.

I'm definitely not a mastermind when it comes to computers, but, I've had my share of issues.

I just wish I could get some help with my motherboard issue.

I hope this helps.

HP Recommended

"Wu-bu-bu-bu-bu!"-Curly, 3 Stooges. This is exactly what I'm looking for. Bless you, bless this community. I've had many computers since my first set with 5 & 3" floppies, Windows 3.0? with AOL. I have never domesticated a computer anymore than I've seen a zebra saddled or pulling a plow. Thank you all.

HP Recommended

Smoke is coming out of my ears from brain-fry. I'm a techno-phobe but I have to figure this out. I have a community out here to serve & I need upgraded equipment & matching skills. I've taken the first step which is bowing at this community's feet. I'm the kind of klutz who puts light bulbs in backwards.

HP Recommended

Oh! I'm getting this computer after the New Year. I can't apply my new knowledge yet & it comes with Windows 10. I use Firefox & WPS Office on this set. I have 1000s of pages of docs & bookmarks to transfer.

HP Recommended

Dopom9,

You are too cute. I always hope that I can help someone, anyone, as I have had that horrible feeling of "what do I do now?"

Bonnie

HP Recommended

Are you seriousing me? Ma'am, I need so much help! Do you have the time & energy to impart some of you technical expertise? I'll make it so worth your while. Not only will I entertain & inspire you along the way, once I get my enterprise up & running, I will do my golly-gosh darnedest (I apologize for the language) to promote yours.

HP Recommended

Is there a private msg. section in this platform like with other community sites? I'd love to share some information with you but I don't want to violate any rules of etiquette as they go beyond HP hard & software issues. Or can we email?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.