Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavilion Gaming TG01-1045no - RTX 2060
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I one month ago bought a new Pavilion Gaming TG01-1045no - RTX 2060, I read carefully the SSD upgrade posibilities with this PC. It say; Available expansion slots: 2 M.2 (1 for SSD och 1 för WLAN)
1 PCIe x16
1 PCIe x1

So I happily bought a M.2 WD Black SN750 NMVe SSD 1TB (PCIe interface bus) to install to the motherboard. But how to? The installed Obviously i need an adapter to mount on the PCIe x16 slot - but where is that placed??? The motherboard is really occupied by the huge RTX 3060 graphic card. Can´t understand where or how to install my new 1TG SSD. I looked at <n adaptor that I thought would work: ASUS Hyper M.2 X16 Card V2 - but where to put it??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

sorry @SteWe66  for my part, I gave my point of view ..
There I am neither for or against HP ..
For me indeed, this may be misinformed for some
but there is a part of misunderstanding, for some points it is just a question of misinterpretation.
We are just simple users, if you have a problem with HP, as I understand it, there is no point wasting your time here, if possible try to tell them about your problems directly.

https://support.hp.com/se-sv/contact-hp

https://www8.hp.com/se/sv/privacy/limited_warranty.html#15

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello
The answer is in your question practically
Your motherboard only has an m2 SSD port, already occupied by an SSD
512 GB PCIe® NVMe ™ M.2 SSD
You then have a pci 16 port, occupied by the graphics card
it would remain the port 1x, but I do not know if it is possible with this last!
The best you can do is replace the existing SSD

https://support.hp.com/ie-en/document/c06961299

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thanks for reply Promethee, for sure I will contact HP store Sweden and claim a buy back of the full equipment. If HP in the spec.´s defines "Expansion slots" 2 M.2 (1 for SSD, 1 for WLAN); 1 PCIe x16; 1 PCIe x1 - I would expect a posibility to expand the M.2 SSD PCIe slot x16. With an adaptor, tat I accept. I feel fooled by HP. This is very close to severe badwill,.

/SteWe

HP Recommended

@SteWe66 wrote:

... I would expect a posibility to expand the M.2 SSD PCIe slot x16. With an adaptor, tat I accept. ...

@SteWe66 

Sorry for jumping in. Your machine has NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 2060 (6 GB GDDR6 dedicated) on the  PCIe x16 slot. Do you REALY want to throw away the video card just for more storage for a gaming machine, why did you buy it in the first place ?

Machine should have a clearer specs

• 2 M.2 (1 for SSD, 1 for WLAN) - already occupied
  • 1 PCIe x16 - already occupied
  • 1 PCIe x1

Regards

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Sorry @SteWe66 
I often support the user, if we can be deceived ...
But for this blow I am shared, there is not exactly deception, it is necessary to be a little logical, it is also a misunderstanding of the documents!
It is clearly stated, that this computer has a graphics card, and only one 16x pci slot!
It is also indicated, that you have an m2 ssd port and not two, since the second is well indicated for wifi
@banhien 'S remark is also very good, because it is sometimes well explained!

But here it is the characteristics page, generally consulted after purchase
If we look at the page on the sales site, there is nothing that indicates directly to the user that he may be able to add a ssd of this type.

https://store.hp.com/SwedenStore/Merch/Product.aspx?id=2H6R1EA&opt=UUW&sel=DTP
There is a small problem, indeed graphics card, 16x pci slot, not specified, that the port is not free, but it seems logical all the same, if you search on the net, I doubt that we can find a card of this type that works with something other than the 16x port
I don't know if you understand what I mean
Now, if the computer is excellent it may be a shame.
But they might not make a fuss, and issue the refund, but on the other hand, they might not accept the reason you give, you know?
NB: you have very little advantage of having two m2 disks on the same computer!

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

@BH

For sure I do not aim to "o you REALY want to throw away the video card just for more storage ",, That very graphic card was the very reason I bought this HP config. Esecicially together with the lean AMD Processor, But what I want to highlight is my, maybe naive approach to go on HP Sweden homepage advertice where it is stated that this solution config. is "expanable" for future needs. Which it is not very much posibilities at least. the Amazing graphic card occupies the only available PCIe 16 slot.. So HP need to be a little more Customer focused in the work of publishing product spec.´s. I´m far from an expert now aday´s. i built some PC´s 20 years ago for my children, and now i was really enthusiasic going into buying a pre-config, reasonable proced high quality setup/config. i bought a HP full I7 config HP 1+ years ago, and that has worked. i have even expanded with 2 PCI cards for video editing and extra HDD and one SSD. That worked, So blinded over HP quality and rthe spec.á published I went for this lean high perf. config, where i thought that I colud expand with more M.2 mem. and PCie cards - BUT NOT! And you in this fora is defending HP. I´m not really extra happy over the buy I have to say... I´ll keep it. Smooth WOT flow and fast startup, but my M.2 NMMe SSD 1GB WD _BLACK had unfortunatelly to go into a  USB 3 AGPTEK Encousure... bought from  Amazon - so sad..

always advertice from a CUSTOMER EYE POINT OF VIEW HP! Be clear in spec.´s in relation to the very config. you are selling. You have nitty gritty customers out there. Remember.

/// Stefan 66 in Sweden

HP Recommended

Here is the advertice with spec´s I went for: 

HP Pavilion Gaming TG01-1045no - RTX 2060 

If you are familiar with Swedish you can read that even in the headings HP is claiming it is "expandable" :

".. och möjlighet för expansion och uppgradering..."

Under detailed spec.´s section:

"

ANSLUTNINGAR OCH KOMMUNIKATION Placering av I/O-port Framsida Portar 1 SuperSpeed USB Type-C® 5 Gbps signalfrekvens
2 SuperSpeed USB Type-A 10 Gbps signalfrekvens
2 SuperSpeed USB Type-A 5 Gbps signalfrekvens
1 kombinerat hörlurs-/mikrofonuttag Placering av I/O-port Baksida Portar 4 USB 2.0 Type-A
1 ljudingång
1 ljudutgång
1 mikrofon
1 RJ-45 Videokontakter 1 HDMI 2.0
1 DisplayPort™
1 DVI-D Nätverksgränssnitt Integrerat GbE LAN 10/100/1000 Trådlöst Realtek 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (2x2) Wi-Fi® och Bluetooth® 5 kombinerat Expansionsplatser 2 M.2 (1 för SSD och 1 för WLAN)
1 PCIe x16
1 PCIe x1 Not om trådlöst Miracast kompatibelt
stöd för MU-MIMO Trådlös teknik, fotnotsnummer [10]

HP Recommended

sorry @SteWe66  for my part, I gave my point of view ..
There I am neither for or against HP ..
For me indeed, this may be misinformed for some
but there is a part of misunderstanding, for some points it is just a question of misinterpretation.
We are just simple users, if you have a problem with HP, as I understand it, there is no point wasting your time here, if possible try to tell them about your problems directly.

https://support.hp.com/se-sv/contact-hp

https://www8.hp.com/se/sv/privacy/limited_warranty.html#15

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.