Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Z230
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I have Z230 Desk top. Bios and Firmware updated. Installed M.2 MVNe in PCIe slot. Boot menu does not display M.2 MVNe ssd HD Neither under UEFI nor under Legacy. But it displays under Disc Manager and on THIS PC. It was also picked up by Macrium and thus “C Drive” was cloned. I also have NVMe driver. How can I make my M.2 MVNe Displayed in boot menu and make it bootable. Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Syed33 -- Enter BIOS SETUP. Does your "Startup Menu" show "categories", such as "disk drives" and "CD/DVD" devices, rather than showing individual devices?  If so, open the "disk drive" category, and try to "promote" the M.2 device to the top of the list of disk-drives.  Then, when your computer boots from the "disk drives" category, it should first try the M.2's contents.

HP Recommended

Thanks. In boot menu I have UEFI and Legacy. I have disabled Legacy. Under UEFI I have HD, Boot Manger, SSD(C) Drive USB and DVD. Now as per your advice I shall move HD on top and try to boot. I shall also try disconnecting SSD (C) so that it picks my PCIe Gen 2x4 slot where I have installed MVNe with an adapter.

I hope HP tech team will also suggest a solution to boot from PCIe slot. In case I am unsuccessful my only option would be to install my M.2 MVNe ssd on 2.5in Sata 3 Adater and install in my 3.5 in HD bays with a 2.5 to 3.5 adapter and connect sata cable and power and boot from as normal drive. 

HP Recommended

@Syed33 --  In boot menu I have UEFI and Legacy. I have disabled Legacy. 

If UEFI was active when the "C:" disk-drive was loaded with Windows, and was still active when you "cloned" the disk-drive, then stick with UEFI.

If "Legacy" was active when the "C:" disk-drive was loaded with Windows, and was still active when you "cloned" the disk-drive, then stick with "Legacy".

Do not "change horses in mid-stream".   🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.