Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Desktop M01-F0016
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a new M01-F0016 with an AMD Ryzaen 5 processor. Power supply is a 180 Watt Gold efficiency and a 256GB SSD. Can I add additional storage for this machine?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

indeed, it is impossible for me to certify that you have a sata power supply connector!
to see also, because most often the sata data cable, must be purchased separately if not delivered with the hard disk, but this is standard, and does not cost much ..
On the other hand, the SATA power supply connector can be special!

possibly, i searched from the references of the equipped computer, and found this:
So if you ever need to, maybe these references will help you.

L68306-001   Il n'est pas possible de commander cette pièce : HP Part Partners peut vous aider. Cliquez ici.  
Cable - Pwr(1*4) to SATA(6p)ST,150mm, BL,RoHS2  
RoHS: COMPLY_2.06

L68308-001   Il n'est pas possible de commander cette pièce : HP Part Partners peut vous aider. Cliquez ici.  
Cable - Pwr(2*2) to SATA(15p)ST,200+80mm,BL,Ro2  

there are two references, but I don't know which will work best

sorry I can't guarantee this is exactly what you will need
check on the site with the reference 9HH77EA  (try even with your model)

Magasin de pièces HP - Pièces d'ordinateur HP - Pièces d'imprimante HP - Pièces Compaq

edit

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c07002914.pdf

this should help it is mentioned sata HDD pwr connector

ex:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/L68308-001-HP-Cable-Power-2-2-to-Sata-15P-ST-200-80MM-BL-ro2-/143801018797

Check if the connector is not available
I think this must be the second reference
L68308-001
I have never seen this type of computer, my answers are based on research, I could be wrong ..

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello
in theory yes, some models have an M2 ssd, and a sata hard drive
You normally have an HDD cage.

Upgrading and Servicing Guide
It is still necessary to open before and check
The motherboard has sata ports.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-desktop-pc-m01-f0000a/38096274/model/31128015/document/c0645...

Motherboard Specifications

although it is not mentioned
but you have for example this model

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-desktop-pc-m01-f0000a/38096274/model/31128015/document/c0653...

on the other hand I do not know how is the sata power connector, and so well present

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

So your saying that basically I need to open the case and see if there is a connection for a sata connection to add a hard drive, correct? I can do that just wanted to check before shutting down computer and removing attached cable.

HP Recommended

indeed, it is impossible for me to certify that you have a sata power supply connector!
to see also, because most often the sata data cable, must be purchased separately if not delivered with the hard disk, but this is standard, and does not cost much ..
On the other hand, the SATA power supply connector can be special!

possibly, i searched from the references of the equipped computer, and found this:
So if you ever need to, maybe these references will help you.

L68306-001   Il n'est pas possible de commander cette pièce : HP Part Partners peut vous aider. Cliquez ici.  
Cable - Pwr(1*4) to SATA(6p)ST,150mm, BL,RoHS2  

L68308-001   Il n'est pas possible de commander cette pièce : HP Part Partners peut vous aider. Cliquez ici.  
Cable - Pwr(2*2) to SATA(15p)ST,200+80mm,BL,Ro2  

there are two references, but I don't know which will work best

sorry I can't guarantee this is exactly what you will need
check on the site with the reference 9HH77EA  (try even with your model)

Magasin de pièces HP - Pièces d'ordinateur HP - Pièces d'imprimante HP - Pièces Compaq

edit

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c07002914.pdf

this should help it is mentioned sata HDD pwr connector

ex:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/L68308-001-HP-Cable-Power-2-2-to-Sata-15P-ST-200-80MM-BL-ro2-/143801018797

Check if the connector is not available
I think this must be the second reference
L68308-001
I have never seen this type of computer, my answers are based on research, I could be wrong ..

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

I opened the case this morning and there is an extra power supply cord and SATA cord included in the case already connected to the motherboard. So your information about the equipment is correct. Thank you for your assistance with both documents and research information.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.