Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Desktop PC TPE01-2000i (1K4E9AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Does anyone know how to access the advanced settings in the bios? I bought more ram (Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2X16GB) DDR4 3200 (PC4-25600) C16 1.35V Desktop Memory - Black, 2 count) but the clock speed was stuck at 2133mhz once installed. The ram that the pc came with was running at 3200mhz. I checked the specs and the motherboard is designed to run memory speeds of up to 3200mhz. I'm not sure why I cannot set the new ram to those speeds, when the old ram ran just fine. The bios seems to be missing the advanced tab where I can set the rams speeds correctly, any help would  be nice. The HP Support website has been down for most of the day.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@lovepeppers

Welcome to the HP support community.

I understand that you want to change settings in BIOS, I am glad to assist you.

There are no hidden advanced settings in BIOS. 

Whatever settings are visible on the BIOS page are all you can use. 

There is no option to change the RAM speed.

Let me know how it goes.

If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@lovepeppers

Welcome to the HP support community.

I understand that you want to change settings in BIOS, I am glad to assist you.

There are no hidden advanced settings in BIOS. 

Whatever settings are visible on the BIOS page are all you can use. 

There is no option to change the RAM speed.

Let me know how it goes.

If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.