Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Z2 Mini G3 Workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Inside is 16 GB. I would like to expand the system to 32 GB, which should be possible. But how. There is no information to do so.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

The available documentation is slim to non.:smileymad:  Most of the available documentation is on the sales server and not the support server.  HP is probably behind in posting documentation. There are two models available: entry and performance.  I don't know which model you are using but I suspect the entry level.  There are only two dimm slots so you will need to use two matching 16 GB dimms.  This particular model does show the part numbers for the 16 GB dimms.

I suggest that you contact HP Part Surfer via a telephone call and see what dimms are available for your particular product. Another option would be to call HP Sales.  Perhaps HP Sales has access to memory upgrade kits.

Top Cover removal

Before you begin: Remember to detach all cables that connect to the PC. Whenever working on internal components, use an anti-static mat. Wear an ESD wrist strap attached to the PC when working with sensitive components that are inside the PC to avoid damaging them. Make sure to ground the chassis to the mat.

Steps

1. Slide the release latch at the rear of the PC to the right. The rear of the top cover will pop up.
  2. Swing up the rear of the cover and pull the top cover fully off of the unit.

Top Cover replacement

Steps

1. The top cover has two tabs on the inside front edge that slide under metal lips at the front inside of the chassis.
  2. The cover also has two tabs on the rear that slide into notches on the rear inside of the chassis.
  3. To reattach the top cover, slide the front tabs of the cover under their lips.
  4. Press the bottom tabs down into their slots until the cover has locked into place. The release latch will open and close when the cover has been fully pressed into place

System Memory removal

Before you begin: Remove the top cover.

Steps

1. Swing up the round edge of the CPU blower.
  2. Gently pull out on the retaining lever located on each side of the SO-DIMM memory module.  The module will pop up from its socket.
  3. Pull the module out of the socket.

System Memory replacement

Steps

1. There is a small notch on one side of each SO-DIMM memory module that aligns over a small tab in each SO-DIMM socket on the motherboard.
  2. To replace an SO-DIMM memory module, angle the module to about 30 degrees, engaging the notch into its socket tab.
  3. Press the module down into place until the retaining levers snap into position over the sides of the module.
  4. Swing the CPU blower back down into place.

Excellent specifications! :smileyhappy::smileysurprised:  More information here.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.