Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One - 27-d0010na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi I have an HP Pavilion All-in-One - 27-d0010na Desktop which comes with a keyboard (IC- 4251A- xxx - Primax technologies). The Action Mode keys (on top of Function Keys F1-F12) are default keys so in order to use function keys, i have to press Fn Key. I don't see any Function Lock Key which google searches say to press along with Fn key  to toggle the Function key mode. Is there anyway to make Function Keys default so that I don't have to press Fn key. I checked BIOS and there is no option for setting Action Key Mode. Am I missing something? Is there any hack or something available. I find it really annoying as Function keys are mostly used.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@rarawinsome , welcome to the Community.

The multi-media keyboard was designed to use the Fn key to use the F1 thru F12 keys.  You may be able to find a third-party software that will lock the Function keys.  Otherwise, you have to use the Fn key.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.