Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavilion TG-01
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm trying to find a way to turn of the extremely annoying brilliant green LED on the bottom of the front panel. I've tried the various utilities and lighting apps I've been able to locate but none of them provides a way to turn off this light. Is my only option to disconnect the cable to the light inside to chassis?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Open the Omen gaming hub program.  Then on the left side, on the very bottom, it says "Pavillion Gaming Desktop."  Click on that and then click "lighting" at the top and adjust the lighting. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello

this is a recorded response (macro))
we need the exact model of your computer, and the product number
To find it follow this
for a desktop computer

HP Desktop PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? | HP® Customer Support

[end]

It is very likely that this is the case, if you have nothing in the options.

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Not a useful response.

HP Recommended

Yes, and what do you want?
You do not give the computer model, so that we can check!
And from what I know this is rarely possible, so we can not tell you anything more, either there is an option, and we could maybe find with the reference of the computer!
Either there is nothing, the computer is designed that way and apart from disconnecting the wires, as on others, nothing can be done about it.

see ?

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Disconnecting-HP-OMEN-880-LED-l...

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion Gaming - TG01-0170m CTO

HP Recommended

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-gaming-desktop-pc-tg01-0000i/29014479/model/3073462...

So apart from unplugging everything, obviously no

HP Pavilion Gaming TG01-0000 Desktop PC Series - Part Locator

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Open the Omen gaming hub program.  Then on the left side, on the very bottom, it says "Pavillion Gaming Desktop."  Click on that and then click "lighting" at the top and adjust the lighting. 

HP Recommended

Thank you, thank you, thank you Stacy73! I had resorted to covering the LEDs with tape and was contemplating opening the case and unplugging the LED cable. Using the OMEN Gaming Hub is the solution I'd hoped for.

HP Recommended

Th e "disconnect the cable" WAS NOT the solution. The solution came from another user and used the OMEN Gaming Hub to turn off the lighting.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.