Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Compaq Pro 6300 MT
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Yesterday was June 24, 2021 when MS presented Windows 11 with the requirement of having TPM v1.2 or better.

Today, MS changed the minimum TPM requirement from v1.2 to v2.0.

That decision effectively disqualifies a lot of machines manufactured before 2015, including my own Pro 6300 (circa 2012) with TPM v1.2.

My v1.2 module was invisible to TPM.MSC even after I enabled the EMBEDDED SECURITY DEVICE in the BIOS.

It was still invisible to DEVICE MANAGER until I removed device INFINEON TRUSTED PLATFORM MODULE from the list and then did hardware scan whereby TRUSTED PLATFORM MODULE 1.2 magically appeared under Security Devices and TPM.MSC now dispays the module as v1.2.

There is a HP TPM Configuration Utility (SP81900) which appears to allow conversions from v1.2 to v2.0, but this utility only works with more recent machines.

Can HP come up with a work around to upgrade the TPM of older machines to v2.0 thereby allowing these machines to migrate to Windows 11?

Or can HP convince MS to reduce their minimum TPM requirement back to v1.2?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello
we won't be able to answer it instead of hp, not to make it change something, if they don't want to ..
That said, nothing is done yet, the official version of windows 11 is not yet available to the user.
before you rush, wait and see what it will be
wait to see any problems that there might be with some computers, as has already been the case with all new versions

in the meantime check for updates regularly

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

@KirklandUser 

The answer to your last question is simple -- we can NOT.  MS has decided on this, among a lot of other, requirements to INSTALL Windows 11.

You need to know EVERYTHING that your system lacks for Windows 11, not just what the MS tool tells you.

Here is a link to a third-party tool that will check all the currently known requirements for Windows 11 and tell you what fails on your PC: https://github.com/rcmaehl/WhyNotWin11/releases

Do NOT try to download this using MS Edge as it flags it as malware -- which it is NOT -- use a different Browser instead.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.