Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ProDesk 400 G2 Microtower PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi at all,
my Desktop PC is an Microtower HP ProDesk 400 G2 MT (TPM DP) model K8K70EA with i5-4590S processor (July 2016).
I activated the TPM via Windows MMC (TPM.MSC) and it is now in a "Ready for Use" state, with Manufacturer: IFX and Version 1.2.
I wanted to know what I can do to bring the TPM to version 2.0. I've heard that maybe I can do a firmware update or add an additional hardware TPM.
Thanks to those who want to answer me.
Roberto

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, Roberto:

Unfortunately, your PC is not on the matrix at the link below that supports a TPM firmware upgrade to v 2.0.

HP Desktops, Notebooks, and Workstations - HP TPM Configuration Utility With Windows 10 Anniversary ...

If you are wanting to do that so you can upgrade to W11, your PC's i5-4590S processor is not a W11-supported processor.

In order to upgrade to W11, you would have to use one of the several W11 hardware bypass checks to upgrade to W11.

I found this method to be the easiest way to do that...

https://dongknows.com/steps-for-windows-11-upgrade-on-unsupported-hardware/

If you want to upgrade to W11, I recommend that you make a system image of your current W10 installation prior to updating to W11, so you can easily reinstall W10 in the future.  I used the free Macrium Reflect software to do that, under the Backup at Home section. 

Along with the system image, make sure you create the bootable DVD or USB rescue drive you boot from to access the system image stored on your portable hard drive.

Macrium Software | Reflect Free Edition

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi, Roberto:

Unfortunately, your PC is not on the matrix at the link below that supports a TPM firmware upgrade to v 2.0.

HP Desktops, Notebooks, and Workstations - HP TPM Configuration Utility With Windows 10 Anniversary ...

If you are wanting to do that so you can upgrade to W11, your PC's i5-4590S processor is not a W11-supported processor.

In order to upgrade to W11, you would have to use one of the several W11 hardware bypass checks to upgrade to W11.

I found this method to be the easiest way to do that...

https://dongknows.com/steps-for-windows-11-upgrade-on-unsupported-hardware/

If you want to upgrade to W11, I recommend that you make a system image of your current W10 installation prior to updating to W11, so you can easily reinstall W10 in the future.  I used the free Macrium Reflect software to do that, under the Backup at Home section. 

Along with the system image, make sure you create the bootable DVD or USB rescue drive you boot from to access the system image stored on your portable hard drive.

Macrium Software | Reflect Free Edition

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

I installed Windows 11 as soon as it came out in October 2021.
But fearing that over time Microsoft would not allow updates on systems like mine (which does not meet 2 minimum requirements: CPU and TPM2.0), after a few days I rolled back and went back to the Windows 10 version.

My request on the HP forum was to check if there was a possible solution (at least for the TPM requirement) with a firmware upgrade and OK you told me there is no such possibility. But I saw on Amazon that there are various plug-in modules which makes me think of a possible solution with a hardware add-on. Is there such a possibility?
Thanks for the invaluable support
Roberto

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Roberto.

Even if there were such a device, your PC's Intel 4th generation core processor does not meet the W11 processor requirements, and the minimum W11 supported processors are the Intel 8th generation core processors which your PC's motherboard would not support.

Unfortunately, I would not be able to help you with that question.

BTW, I am running W11 on 11 different HP and Dell business class desktops and notebooks and they all have gotten every update that Microsoft has released for W11.

They all run a little better on W11 than on W10. which is why I upgraded so many.

I check the updates they get against the updates one of my PC gets that is fully supported for W11.

I'm not overly concerned.

The only way I would be concerned is if one day Microsoft refuses to allow updates to be pushed to unsupported PC's and I doubt that will happen.

In my opinion, Microsoft wouldn't have allowed workarounds to install W11 if that was the case.

HP Recommended

Yes, you convinced me and I will return to reinstall Win11 in these days. Also Dong Ngo in his article that you indicate about the upgrade (coofcookie / Windows11Upgrade) is not worried about upgrades to win11 on systems that are not perfectly compliant. Then I confirm that the upgrade tool (coofcookie / Windows11Upgrade) is really fantastic and very useful. Finally, I take this opportunity to ask you (but maybe I'm a bit out of topic) if you have heard of problems on win11 which under certain conditions has strong slowdowns. I don't know if you've heard of them or if you've ever seen them. I must say that Win10 since I have been using it (2015) has in my opinion always been very stable and performing. Sorry for my poor English. I thank you for the invaluable support.
Roberto

HP Recommended

Your very welcome, Roberto.

I have heard of some instances where some update caused some PCs to slow down, but from my understanding Microsoft fixed the problem a while back.

I have had zero issues on any of my PCs running W11 because if I did, I would have reverted to W10.

I use two of them every day that are not supported for W11.

One of them is an old HP 8200 Elite CMT with an i7-2600 processor.

As you wrote, W10 is stable and works fine.

That is why I made system images for my PC, just in case things go very bad on W11.

It will be easy for me to go back to W10 if necessary.

I wanted W11 so that my PCs have operating system and security support beyond October 2025 when W10 goes out of support.

I still have an old HP dc7800 CMT from 2008 that is running W11 just fine.

I won't get rid of it because it still works very good.

HP Recommended

Hello,

I just upgraded my desktop to Win11.
I have an image backup to go back to win10 but I'm sure there won't be any need.
Thank you again

Roberto

HP Recommended

Anytime, Roberto.

Glad to have been of assistance.

It will be interesting when Microsoft releases the new edition of W11 in Oct/Nov.

I predict that we won't get the new edition via Windows Update because our PCs are not supported for W11.

I also predict that we will be able to use Dong's file on the new edition's ISO file the same way we did on the original one to do an in-place upgrade to the new version of W11.

As long as Microsoft does not terminate sending the cumulative and security updates to our PC's we should be good until W11 goes out of support in 2031.

Cheers,

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.