Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp Compaq 6200 PRO SFF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So i Have a Hp Compaq 6200 PRO SFF-

CPU: Intel Pentium G620

RAM; 12 GB

Built in Intel HD Graphics.

I recently purchased a GPU, AMD Radeon HD 7450 and tried to install it into the PCIe x16 slot , it fits and the fan turns on. 

But my pc does not recognize it or show anything for it. I tried installing the drivers for it too and that didn't work either.

What might be the issue? or how can i enable the GPU?

I have tried turning off the security on the slots too thru the BIOS menu but that didn't change anything.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

I'm surprised the card didn't work.

I have the HP 8200 Elite which uses the same BIOS as the 6200 Pro.

My PC is on BIOS v2.28, and I have a Zotac nVidia GT 730 in it and it works just fine.

The Radeon HD 6450 was the supported graphic card for the 6200 Pro SFF.

If you can't get the HD 7450 to work, you may want to just get the 6450 instead.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

I'm surprised the card didn't work.

I have the HP 8200 Elite which uses the same BIOS as the 6200 Pro.

My PC is on BIOS v2.28, and I have a Zotac nVidia GT 730 in it and it works just fine.

The Radeon HD 6450 was the supported graphic card for the 6200 Pro SFF.

If you can't get the HD 7450 to work, you may want to just get the 6450 instead.

HP Recommended

Thank You, i purchased the 6450 to see if it will work. 

how did you enable the graphics card, because i tried looking thru the bios menu and couldn't find an option.

or would that option only come once i have installed the 6450

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

There are no settings you have to change.

You install the card in the black PCIe x16 slot and the onboard video is automatically disabled.

Before installing the video card, go to the device manager, click to expand the display adapters device manager category, right click on the Intel HD graphics adapter listed there, select Uninstall and check the uninstall driver box.

Shut down, unplug the PC and install your video card.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.