Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Dc 7600
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hello!

I want to know if I could replace my old HDD for a new SSD in my Hp Compaq dc 7600 small form factor. 

I've read other posts in this forum and somebody said that was imposible, but others said they had done.

Please, explain me how to get it if it is possible and if I could install any Windows 10 versión in that SSD.

Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Matdc7600,

Interesting question/inquiry, but it happens.

The HP DC7600 series is vintage 2005, and supports SATA300 drives, not the SATA600. See here.

While it is true that a 2.5" SATA HD or 2.5" SSD could be used in the system,  it will only operate a SATA300. It would be no better than you existing hard drive.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Matdc7600,

Interesting question/inquiry, but it happens.

The HP DC7600 series is vintage 2005, and supports SATA300 drives, not the SATA600. See here.

While it is true that a 2.5" SATA HD or 2.5" SSD could be used in the system,  it will only operate a SATA300. It would be no better than you existing hard drive.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.