Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hello to all,

I bought a HP Microserver G7 N54L and installed Windows home server 2011.

Windows does not recognize the HP network card.

The network card is NC107i PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet.

Did someone know where I can found the driver for this card ?

Thank you

Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, I have attached it below...

Download, unzip and manually install the smbus controller driver I attached under Attachments below.

Go to the device manager and click on the smbus controller needing drivers.  Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option and browse to the driver folder that you unzipped.

Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked and the driver should install.  Then reboot.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

Thank you I'll try and let you know.

Bye

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

Unfortunately the link to the web page is not availble, I even try to search for "Hp Microserver G7 N54L" but the pages are also not available.

This is strange, because I'm getting 3 matches but none of them is available.

Perhapse do you know if I can get this driver from another site ?

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul, I've found finally the right driver and installed it. The driver is for windows 2003.

But now I have to find the drivers for the bus controler...AMD RS785E/SB820M

If you have any idea about Thank you

HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, I have attached it below...

Download, unzip and manually install the smbus controller driver I attached under Attachments below.

Go to the device manager and click on the smbus controller needing drivers.  Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option and browse to the driver folder that you unzipped.

Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked and the driver should install.  Then reboot.

HP Recommended

Thank you Paul.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem currently with the NIC Adapter not being recognized.  When the NIC is enabled, start up freezes.  When I disable the NIC, everything starts but I tried to use the 2008 Broadcom and when I tried to install it, the driver says they can't find the software.  

HP Recommended

Hey man

I was having the same issue as i installed server 2012 r2 onto the microserver

I had to boot in safe mode then update the Broadcom driver to the latest version which i got from the link below

https://www.broadcom.com/support/ethernet-nic-netxtreme-i-server

Once it updated i restarted normally with the Nic still enabled. It froze for a little but then it went in 

Hope this helps

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.