Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 23-h050 TouchSmart All-in-One Desktop PC (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I need to reset my bios to factory setting I set up all ports as secured under bios and none will allow any input from any device this was a mistake so I set to fix it by taking out the cmos bat and placing it back

This are my EXACT steps 
1. Disconnect Power
2. Remove Usbs 
3. Remove Cmos Battery
4. Wait one minute 
5. Place back battery
6.Connect Power Back and try to boot to bios
I Still dont get any inputs from usb ports so bios is still lockng usb and hasent change I try alot of other things but I was hoping a tech could tell me step by step what is the bios reset procedure.

IMG_3637.jpg

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

It is likely the reset did not work due to residual charge  in capacitors making up the power supply.  . After removing the battery hold down the ON switch for 30-60 seconds to drain the capacitors then put the battery back in.

BeemerBiker_3-1661727932263.png

I was unable to find any documentation on the jumpers for clearing the CMOS.  Typically 6 pins are used, 3 each for cmos and password, not 8 pin.  

However, I did find documentation on how to use the Rom Recover (that 9 pin jumper header) should it ever be needed

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/23-h024-Quanta-Dogwood-Motherbo...

you might post over at that thread or ask @Christian-13  or the support agent @Betty0610 about the CMOS clr jumpers

If you need to prevent a "guest" or a "user" from using the USB ports and you have the "PRO" version of windows then PM me and I can explain how to stop someone from using the USB ports through a policy setting.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.