Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP OMEN 870-224
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, about a month ago (rough estimate) the front LEDs on my hp omen stopped working. there displaying the original color rotation, but whenever I try to change the color or pattern it doesn't change. I've tried rebooting, and closing the app and re-opening it but it doesn't work. The only things I've done that Probably triggered this was: Move the desktop which

caused the LEDs to revert to default, plug in my oculus rift, and update stuff like the BIOS etc. Anyone know how to fix this?? Thanks. (P.S. I have tried unplugging all of the Oculus stuff but it didn't help)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I installed both, and they didn't seem to do anything. the OMEN control gave me the error "The code execution cannot proceed because SynCom.DLL was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem." I tried reinstalling but it didn't work, (I didn't restart between reinstalls, don't know if that had anything to do with it.) I restarted the system but it didn't do anything. I went to uninstall the OMEN control you gave me because of the error, and noticed a "Modify" button.

I clicked it under the OMEN control program that came with my desktop, and clicked "Repair OMEN Control" restarted the PC and it worked! Whether it was from that or the system event utill I can't say, but either way, thank you! :OpenSmile:

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Alduin

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an OMEN by HP Desktop PC - 870-224. I read that the front LEDs have stopped working and displaying the original color rotation. When you try to change the color or pattern, it does not change. Not worry, I'll do my best to help you. 

There is the HP System Even Utility which should get you back up and illuminated in the right color once the Omen Control is installed

The link is right here for the System Event Utill:
http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71716.exe

Omen Control:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp70501-71000/sp70894.exe

Also, this HP document should help in using the software.

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

I installed both, and they didn't seem to do anything. the OMEN control gave me the error "The code execution cannot proceed because SynCom.DLL was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem." I tried reinstalling but it didn't work, (I didn't restart between reinstalls, don't know if that had anything to do with it.) I restarted the system but it didn't do anything. I went to uninstall the OMEN control you gave me because of the error, and noticed a "Modify" button.

I clicked it under the OMEN control program that came with my desktop, and clicked "Repair OMEN Control" restarted the PC and it worked! Whether it was from that or the system event utill I can't say, but either way, thank you! :OpenSmile:

HP Recommended

@Alduin

You're most welcome. 🙂

I must say that technical solutions can only be provided, but it was you who performed them to perfection. Kudos to you for that.

Happy computing! 

HP Recommended
I have the same problem problem as you but I don’t know how to fix it. What exactly did you do to fix it? I’m having trouble understanding what you did.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.