Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

@TexasIndian,

We can find out exactly what 16GB RAM stick HP fitted in your desktop, it is likely an HP-branded Crucial RAM stick, but since by your own admission you don't need 32GB (few do, really), go with the Goodyear Eagle Enforcer (whoops) Michelin 2 x 8GB option.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

Ha, the expert computer Geek just had to show-off his common-man auto knowledge;

since starting anew, what Enforcers (good muscle car tire!) or Michelins would you suggest?

So far my list contains: VulcanZ / G.Skill RipJaws / Crucial Ballistic / TeamGroup Elite Plus etc.

(keeping in mind, seemed to have lost the sticky note with specific latency ratios in use, so 

this list on Amazon varies from CL16-CL22 / pretty sure also need PC4-25600's).  Opinion?

HP Recommended

@TexasIndian,

From your list, I would be partial to Crucial Ballistix.

This is a highly subjective subject matter, but Goodyear's Eagle Enforcer All Weather it is imo.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

knee-jerk reaction is WHY? (may be subjective, but THAT is how idiots become psuedo-geeks)

but wait until I send you the actual latency rating and DIMM specs and ...  Gotta look up again 🙄

Centering on ~$50 for 2x8gb since there's $56 free money sitting in my Amazon account  😉🤑

btw: yea, yea good tire; but my minivan has Michelin CrossClimate 2's!!  (shut up, got 7 grandkids)

so had to throw in K&N blower/cold-air filter w/probably-legal chip from Jeg's (PawPaw go vroom!)

HP Recommended

@TexasIndian,

What Crucial Ballistix RAM are you referring to, this one: https://www.amazon.com/Crucial-Ballistix-Desktop-Gaming-BL2K8G32C16U4B/dp/B083TRRT16/ref=sr_1_3?crid...?

This RAM is "dual-rank" and has respectable RAM timings of 16-18-18-36 with cl16 CAS latency.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

For some annoying reason, can't find the sticky note with original memory specs, but I looked it up

on MemoryStock ("compatible replacement/upgrade") who offer 2 options (HouseBrand + .pqi) both

with same specs:  8gb DDR4  PC4-25600  DIMM  non-ECC  unbufferred  288pin 1.2  CL19  single rank.

HP Parts Store (oddly, not as easy to discern) lists 319L6AA, then auto-directs to "L93627-800  GNRC

RAM  UDIMM  16g   DDR4  1.2v   3200" ??   Will try adding all that goobledy-goop in Amazon search bar

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.