Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP RCTO 280 G4 MT

I'm getting a HP 280 G4 MT from my brother and I really want to upgrade it, as it doesn't have a graphics card so I'm thinking to add a GTX 1060 or even a 1050ti. But the PSU init has a powe output of only 180W. So my question is can I upgrade the PSU to 450-550W and will it have any impact on the motherboard ? Will everything be okay if I upgrade the PSU and add a graphic card.

Pls help me ASAP😔

Thankyou in advance. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

If you can find a psu with the same size for the case, I doubt you would be able to. But I would advice you to look for a low profile GTX1050 card. Those card dont need that much power to run and it doesn't need a auxiliary  power connector. 

HP Recommended

Thankyou for your answer. 

Suppose I get a 550W PSU, then if I Install it in the CPU will there be any consequences ?

And which GPU should I buy, any recommendations ?

HP Recommended

Upgrading OEM pc's for gaming is ideal for a budgeting oriented user, but it's mostly for old pc's. The psu for OEM pc's like the hp 280 g4 mt, have a specific size that fit it's case, so it's best to measure the dimension of the psu then try to find with one that is the same size.

As for the GPU It's really best to look for a Low profile card. The best option is a GTX 1050 Low profile card.

If you did manage to get a PSU, the AMD RX 570 or 580, 4gb or 8gb is a good choice considering you have any of these cpu's Intel Core i5-8400, I5-8500, I7-8700

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.