Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Slim Desktop 260-a020
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I cant see my face or anything with this USB camera

It shows a mix of red, purple, black  screen

I tried using a flashlight thinking it's a light issue it stayed the same it didn't work.

Please help me I don't know why this is happening.

LUNKANT404_1-1614018605287.png

I tried to increase the quality but It only shows one option

LUNKANT404_1-1614019344172.png

It is a new camera fresh out of its box.

When I connected it I get this awful view.

I don't think it's the camera's fault I think it is an issue with the computer

I connected my camera to the computer when I try to take a picture this is what I got

LUNKANT404_0-1614018543913.png

I try to update the driver in the device manager and I uninstall and install the integrated camera on the device manager.

After I did this I still got the same thing 

LUNKANT404_2-1614018668888.png

LUNKANT404_0-1614018924607.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello
It's a plug and play webcam, you don't have an installation cd with it .. you don't need drivers

Normally with a quality webcam, you don't have to do anything
You connect it, and you open the microsoft camera app
If whatever, the modifications, you do not have an image, it should be tested on another computer, if it does not work either, it may be a problem

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Screenshot 2021-02-22 134851.pngScreenshot 2021-02-22 134929.pngScreenshot 2021-02-22 135005.pngScreenshot 2021-02-22 135047.pngScreenshot 2021-02-22 135158.pngWIN_20210218_21_11_53_Pro.jpgWIN_20210218_21_12_01_Pro.jpg

HP Recommended

Hello
It's a plug and play webcam, you don't have an installation cd with it .. you don't need drivers

Normally with a quality webcam, you don't have to do anything
You connect it, and you open the microsoft camera app
If whatever, the modifications, you do not have an image, it should be tested on another computer, if it does not work either, it may be a problem

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.