Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
ENVY te01-2275xt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I cannot detect or control the CPU or case fan on my desktop. I can however control the GPU fan with third-party controls so it runs cooler. I do not like how the stock fan parameters prioritize quietness over controlling the heat output of the CPU. Is there any way to control the fan curve or at least make the software that controls it more aggressive? In the bios I can see the RPM of the fans but no other options.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

In the past, I have seen fans that have an inline wheel that controls the speed of the fan.

The motherboard tells the fan to run at 100% speed, but twisting that wheel overrides the command from the motherboard, e.g., twist the wheel to 50%, to slow down the fan to 50% of its maximum.

HP Recommended

I desperately need a way to control my CPU fan. It has gotten to the point where the CPU die temp spikes to 95 briefly under load which could potentially damage the CPU. I know that the CPU cooler is not exactly the best but it barely can cool the CPU.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.