Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, im here to ask how can I upgrade the psu in my 15L Victus PC. Because Im devastated that this new pc that came in 3 days ago cant run games on low graphics at a stable 165fps, since I downgraded to windows10 with no cloud update and I even removed Mcaffe and HP support apps. There is no Way I cant return my pc and my warranty is Probably voided because of those changes.

I currently have a 400watt psu, 

rtx 3060

i5 13400

1tb ssd

16gb ram

Why doesnt HP put the recommend psu on these machines, So I want to see what avaiable Powersupplies there are if anyone can send me links. Another question, is it possible that I can even return this PC, im not really happy with the product and it also overheats really badly, it overheats worse then my 6year old gtx 1060 PC

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

165fps? 

I provided the HP Part number for the compatible HP PSU with more power for your PC in my previous reply to your thread.

Do you have at least a few inches of space between your PC and anything else for good airflow?

You could  go with a water cooling solution.

I am a volunteer forum member. If my suggestion solved your issue, help others by not' forgetting to mark that post as the accepted solution. Say thanks by clicking on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

HP has produced and brought to market more than a thousand different models of notebooks and desktop PCs over the years.

It is difficult to help you if we don't know which specific model you own..

Method #1: If the notebook will boot into Windows, you can retrieve your Product Number by pressing Fn + Esc key.

Method #2: Press the power button and immediately tap the F10 key to invoke the BIOS. In the Main section, you will find the Product number or Product ID. Post that in your next reply in your thread.

Method #3: Press the power button and immediately tap the F2 key.

Method #4: If powering on is not an option, take a look at the bottom of the laptop for the label with the product name and product number. For a desktop look at the rear for the label.

If your laptop/desktop has HP Hardware Diagnostics UEFI version 10.3.0.0, there is a System Information section that also has the Product ID.

We need that information, along with the installed Operating System information to help you.

You will need the 500W PSU with HP Part Number L05757-800 for a video card beyond the RTX 3060 installation

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=HP+L05757-800&crid=2D0M1JWKMGUUK&sprefix=hp+l05757-800%2Caps%2C330&ref=...

I am a volunteer forum member. If my suggestion solved your issue, help others by not' forgetting to mark that post as the accepted solution. Say thanks by clicking on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

my Model is the victus 15l TG02-1000na gaming desktop 

HP Recommended

165fps? 

I provided the HP Part number for the compatible HP PSU with more power for your PC in my previous reply to your thread.

Do you have at least a few inches of space between your PC and anything else for good airflow?

You could  go with a water cooling solution.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.