Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilioin AIO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This device has a square power button on the lower right of the screen.  It also has a silver bar (button) on the lower left of the screen.  Both seem to act as a standard power button.  What is the difference?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Bob-9999 

The left is the actual power button.  The right is a HDMI source button.  Reference

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

@Bob-9999 

Your machine has BOTH HDMI in and HDMI out ports at the back (HDMI in is next to the RJ-45 port). At the front, your machine has

r114.png

You can plug a games console (such as xBox, PS/4 ...) to HDMI in port at the back and use switch (#5) to tell your machine to use its monitor as a monitor for games.

You can use HDMI out port for an external monitor and again you need switch #5 to tell your machine to use this setup.

In short: use switch #5 to tell your machine to use HDMI in or out.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks, for the info on the switch, I never had any luck finding anything.  After I read you response I thought I was all set; however, it still does not work.  By using the switch, the system does tell you when you are in PC mode but when I switch to HDMI mode the system says there is no data available.  I am using the same cable I use for HDMI output mode and there it works perfectly.

HP Recommended

@Bob-9999 wrote:

.... By using the switch, the system does tell you when you are in PC mode but when I switch to HDMI mode the system says there is no data available.  I am using the same cable I use for HDMI output mode and there it works perfectly.

@Bob-9999 

You have to plug something such as PS/4 games console to HDMI in port.

Regards,

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Which type of devices will work?  I am trying to use a  DVD drive.

HP Recommended

@Bob-9999 

It is designed for games consoles. A laptop may work buy I don't know anything with a DVD player.

Regards.

BH

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.