06-14-2019 09:08 AM
My desktop no longer recognises D:Drive,Disk 1 is not initialised and won't let me initialise it it.
This happened after I accidently swititched it off at the extension lead.
06-17-2019 01:42 PM
Have you connected an external hard drive to the PC?
There are many reasons that would cause this error:
1. Outdated driver. An outdated driver may cause disk 1 unknown not initialized in Windows Disk Management.
2. Virus attack. Sometimes, the external hard drive is unknown not initialized because of virus infection.
3. Partition loss. The disk unknown not initialized error may happen because of partition on the hard drive is lost or deleted.
4. Bad sectors. When your external hard drive unknown not initialized, no disk space, you may consider whether there are bad sectors on the hard drive, which may cause the error.
5. MBR corruption. There is a first sector where MBR code and partition table is written. If MBR is corrupted, the operating system fails to access data on the hard dive, and the bad thing may happen.
First of all, open Disk Management and find the uninitialized disk. If its disk capacity is shown, that means your Windows operating system has recognized this disk, but its partition is lost or MBR is corrupted due to some reasons. In this case, you can use professional software to fix the MBR and recover the partition.
When it comes to hard disk not initialized, the first thing that you may do is to initialize this hard drive. Run Disk Management by right-clicking “My computer” and then selecting “Manage”. You can also press the keys “Win + R” and input “compmgmt.msc” to run the partition management tool.
Lastly, try running a hard drive test from the system diagnostics page and check if the hard drive is functioning correctly.
Refer this article to know more information about running system diagnostics test on the PC. Click Here
Hope this answers your query!
Have a great day! 🙂
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
06-19-2019 07:21 AM
Thanks for the message.
This is an internal hard drive,No external hard drive connected.
All drivers are working and have the latest updates installed.
The partitions are in place.
The disk is shown in disk management,with no capacity shown and not initialized and offline,It wouldn't allow me to initialize or to go online.
I did run system diagnostics and everything was fine,It's very strange because everything on C:Drive is running perfectly well.
I have spent 7 days trolling through Google and trying everything I couldn't fix the issue so I decided to replace the hard drive.
Many thanks for your help.