Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Desktop - M01-F0033w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I was thinking of installing an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB graphics card and a brand new 600 watt power supply into my HP computer to upgrade it. I'd like to know if both are compatible with the HP 8643 motherboard, and could fit inside the actual case just fine. If they aren't compatible, please give me some similar recommendations that work fine!

Thanks!

Items in consideration;

Power Supply: EVGA 600 W3

Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@wizdoms10,

Welcome to our HP User Forum!

I would think a resounding yes: please take a look at all the HP System Desktop M01-F0xxx Users here:  https://www.userbenchmark.com/System/HP-Desktop-M01-F0xxx/160473 -these platforms contain both Erica motherboard (SSID: 8643) and Milton motherboard (SSID: 86E9) systems, but when you look at the Erica motherboard platforms, you see M01-F0xxx desktops fitted with graphics cards such as the RTX 2080 Ti, RX 6600 XT, RTX 2060, GTX 1650 Super, etc.

It looks like some of these Users are using power supplies greater than a 600-watt PSU.  You would have to look up online which GPUs would work with a 600-watt power supply, but an RTX 2060 Super or the RTX 1650 Super would definitely be power-compatible as well.

Hope this was helpful.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@wizdoms10,

Welcome to our HP User Forum!

I would think a resounding yes: please take a look at all the HP System Desktop M01-F0xxx Users here:  https://www.userbenchmark.com/System/HP-Desktop-M01-F0xxx/160473 -these platforms contain both Erica motherboard (SSID: 8643) and Milton motherboard (SSID: 86E9) systems, but when you look at the Erica motherboard platforms, you see M01-F0xxx desktops fitted with graphics cards such as the RTX 2080 Ti, RX 6600 XT, RTX 2060, GTX 1650 Super, etc.

It looks like some of these Users are using power supplies greater than a 600-watt PSU.  You would have to look up online which GPUs would work with a 600-watt power supply, but an RTX 2060 Super or the RTX 1650 Super would definitely be power-compatible as well.

Hope this was helpful.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.