Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Compaq 8000 Elite SFF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello I don't know if my PC (HP Compaq 8000 Elite SFF) is compatible with a Nividia NVS 315 GPU. I want to upgrade my PC with this GPU I only want to use it for basic things not for gaming but I don't know if my PC is compatible with this GPU.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

No, you don't need to have two displays, but your current display will not connect to the video port without buying a DMS-59 to VGA splitter cable or a DMS-59 to DVI splitter cable.

Then you can connect your monitor to one of the ends and leave the other one empty.

Look at the image below to see what the video out port on that card looks like...

Paul_Tikkanen_0-1601143034447.jpeg

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

That graphics card should work fine in your PC.

You do realize that graphics card has a DMS-59 port which requires a splitter cable to drive two monitors, correct?

If you are just using a single monitor, I would recommend you install the AMD HD 6450 low profile graphic card which uses about the same wattage as the nvs-315.

HP Recommended

Do I need to have two moniters to be able to use this GPU or can I use this with only one moniter. I have a friend who has one and he's gonna give it to me. So I really want this GPU to work.

HP Recommended

No, you don't need to have two displays, but your current display will not connect to the video port without buying a DMS-59 to VGA splitter cable or a DMS-59 to DVI splitter cable.

Then you can connect your monitor to one of the ends and leave the other one empty.

Look at the image below to see what the video out port on that card looks like...

Paul_Tikkanen_0-1601143034447.jpeg

HP Recommended

ok thank you.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.