Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp 8300 sff
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have an old keyboard (from an old compaq presario SR1650NX) I would like to use with my HP8300 pc. the keyboard is not usb but my unit has a ps2 keyboard port.  I have been using this for more than 13 years and it's like and old friend. I especially like the shortcut keys on the top. I have tried migrating the drivers and software from my old pc but I cannot get it right. this keyboard is the original from a pc that I have replaced twice since it was new and the keyboard worked on the two newer HP'S. I believe the difference may be that the other pc's were all Windows XP. If anyone can help I would be grateful. Thamks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, I don't know of any KB's like we used to have.

I just use the standard HP business class keyboards (USB or PS/2) as applicable on my desktop PC's because you said it...the KB's and mice that come with the PC's nowadays are junk!

Didn't you get the standard HP business class keyboard with your PC?  Those are the only ones I use.

I buy them new on eBay when I need one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-HP-KB-0316-Standard-104-Key-PS-2-Wired-Keyboard-434820-002-/142314882103...

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, you are correct, and there are no W7 drivers for the keyboard you have.

It will only function as a standard keyboard, and none of the shortcut buttons will work anymore.

I probably had the same KB on my old HP d530 which ran XP.

I even tried the XP 32 bit drivers on W7 32 bit, and they wouldn't work.

And there are no XP 64 bit drivers you can even try.

HP Recommended

Thanks Paul, I thought that was what is wrong. Bummer! I feel anothe bad  night coming on.  I guess I need to buy a keyboard because the one that came with this unit is a real piece of junk. If you have experience with any keyboard that has those shortcut keys that will function with my system please advise me of the model/make. Thanks again.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, I don't know of any KB's like we used to have.

I just use the standard HP business class keyboards (USB or PS/2) as applicable on my desktop PC's because you said it...the KB's and mice that come with the PC's nowadays are junk!

Didn't you get the standard HP business class keyboard with your PC?  Those are the only ones I use.

I buy them new on eBay when I need one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-HP-KB-0316-Standard-104-Key-PS-2-Wired-Keyboard-434820-002-/142314882103...

HP Recommended

Thanks again Paul, I'm logging on to e-bay right now.

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

I buy the business PC wired optical mouse's (mice?) on eBay too.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.