Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

It would have worked yesterday, but not today. AMD just released a driver update that completely disallows any HD series cards from working on Windows 10. You will need to purchase an R5 230 to get that kind of graphical power on your PC.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150715

I don't run HP, I just like helping others!

i7-3770 / MSI Z87-G43 / 16GB PNY DDR3 / Aorus RX580 / Ultra X4 750W / Sandisk U110 250GB SSD and 2x WD Velociraptors 300GB / Antec 1100 V2 / NZXT Respire T40 / Corsair SP120 RGB
HP Recommended

Well, that card needs a 400W power supply and I am not a gamer anyway.

A card that would not require a power supply upgrade and has a win 10 driver?

HP Recommended

The R5 230 is just a rebranded HD 6450 with support for Windows 10...

I don't run HP, I just like helping others!

i7-3770 / MSI Z87-G43 / 16GB PNY DDR3 / Aorus RX580 / Ultra X4 750W / Sandisk U110 250GB SSD and 2x WD Velociraptors 300GB / Antec 1100 V2 / NZXT Respire T40 / Corsair SP120 RGB
HP Recommended

OK, thanks a lot for all the help.

HP Recommended

Glad to see you got all your answers 🙂 

If you are interested in the power requirements of the WD drives you can simply check their data sheets and you will find them listed there. 🙂 

Feel free to ask if you need help with that. All you need is to have the drive model number (not the serial number!) 

Post back if you have other questions! 

Captain_WD.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.