Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP All-in-One 24-f1055z

I installed extra memory into my computer. It's working find accept there's this vertical black line going down my screen. It's weird because when I took a screen shot, it doesn't show it, but I hook the below pictures with my phone

What did I do wrong?

image0.jpegimage1.jpeg

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

it's extremely rare for the new ram to be the cause your memory upgrade it should have no direct bearing on your video issue

some possible causes:

a defective video card or loose connection from the card to the external LCD screen

the external monitor display has numerous connections on the LCD panel itself, one of them is not working hence the line, it can also be caused by one of the internal video  cables that connect one circuit board to another in All in one systems(AIO)

https://www.lifewire.com/fix-vertical-lines-on-computer-screen-5216945

HP Recommended

It's just so weird because it was fine until I installed the memory. I hope I didn't knock something out of place. It's so  hard to find help because people keep telling me to unhook everything from my CPU, but I don't have that. I have an All-In-One. The only thing I can do is open it again, make sure nothing is loose. I'll take a picture when I have it open.

The up side is my computer is much faster LOL

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.