Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 560-p030
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My past keyboard has been infected (and assuming my liquid was dropped within), when I logically had to purchase another Keyboard.  But when purchasing another Keyboard & simply attaching it, could their possibly be any additional software for installing this (besides simply rebooting my PC) if also possible? 

Because ALL oncoming keyboards are supposedly being defected when rebooting, because many times (upon my new desktop) a slight error also pops up & runs away from the black screen.   

Because including diversified times when simply typing anything on my keyboard entry say "M" --> then repetitive "M" characters are also on the screen & not stopping (until another button say CTRL+ALT+DEL should broadly also stop that instead).

So could their be another keyboard software for resolving this issue, or could my kepboard be defected ?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@ShawnDelmar 

Are you talking about wired or wireless keyboard ?

(a) Wired (USB) keyboards: you simply plug and play.

(b) Wireless keyboards: You may also need to buy a receiver.

The specs of your machine is

https://support.hp.com/za-en/product/HP-Pavilion-560-p000-Desktop-PC-series/12079680/document/c05267...

It came with USB keyboard therefore you can simply plug and play. Please try other USB port otherwise return it and buy a different one.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I am talking about the Wired keyboard, while almost & also matching my past HP Keyboard.  I also know many years ago, HP had sent me a new keyboard (after my recently purchased keyboard has caused the similar problem.  My recently purchased new PC's were also used & thru Ebay.com.  

So again i[on occasional times with including my keyboard / PC, many characters would occasionally not stop after only being entered 1-time.   Then if any character would not stop, then would that be coming from a Keyboard defect - or interference coming from PC software problems.

Because I also know anytime when starting/rebooting my PC, this is also being shown everytime when turning this on: 

BIOS Revision/Date: 828A vF.45 05/22/2019

Keyboard Error

And the purchased (but used) keyboard P/N are including:

P/N: 5187-7583

& 

P/N: 5185-1596

Then please emphasize from where this interference is coming from if possible?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.