Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Ah, okay. That's  good to know. I really appreciate your help. So I can take the 8gb and 4gb factory ones out and install the two new 8gb sticks that i bought in the same colored slots without losing anything? And is there a significant difference between the PC running in flex mode versus dual channel mode? Thanks again, man.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes, you install the 8 GB chips in the same colored slots.

No data is stored on the memory chips, so you won't lose anything by moving them around.

Just make sure you shut down, and unplug the PC before working inside of it.

Dual channel vs single channel (flex mode)...Not a huge difference, but every little bit counts.

Watch this video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=E_aPaj5QkmM&feature=emb_logo

HP Recommended

That summed it up great. You rock!! So I'm gonna take the two factory ones out then and put two new 8's in. After that I can just plug it back in and play and it'll recognize everything itself?

HP Recommended

That is correct.

Move the memory around, and the  PC should just fire right up.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.