Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy 750-055xt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My machine has a 500 GB SSD for the OS and programs and a 1 TB standard hard drive for data (E drive), and 16 GB ram.  It's been a workhorse, but it's time to upgrade.  For my needs I don't need a faster processor.   Where can I find instructions on:

1.  How to replace the SSD drive with a new one? (I've located a compatible 1 TB Samsung SSD)

2. How to to a clean reinstall of Windows 10 Pro OR how to restore from an image

3. How to replace the RAM.  There are currently 2 slots filled with 2 8 GB sticks.  I'm replacing them with 2 compatible 16 GB sticks.

There are lots of youtube videos out there, but I wanted some info straight from the HP community.  Thank you. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

hi

Nothing complicated but I don't have the manual here

Your computer is of the configurable type, so you already have information here:

HP ENVY 750-055xt CTO Desktop PC product specifications and configurable options

Must select one of the following options:
  • 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR3 PC3-12800
  • 12 GB (1 x 8 GB + 1 x 4 GB) DDR3 PC3-12800
  • 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR3 PC3-12800
  • 24 GB (2 x 8 GB + 2 x 4 GB) DDR3 PC3-12800
  • 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR3 PC3-12800

your motherboard:

Motherboard Specifications, Kaili2

• Dual channel memory architecture
  • Four 240-pin DDR3 DIMM sockets
  • Supports DDR3 DIMMs
    • PC3-10600 (DDR3-1333)
    • PC3-12800 (DDR3-1600)
  • Supports 1 GB, 2 GB, 4 GB or 8 GB DIMMs
  • Supports up to 4 GB on 32-bit systems
    note:
    32-bit systems cannot address a full 4.0 GB of memory.
  • Supports up to 32 GB on 64-bit systems
  •  

Installing the latest version of Windows 10

the manuals may be equivalent

even if there is difference the principle remains the same in general

Memory Module Replacement Instructions

Hard Drive Replacement Instructions

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.