Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Intel latest driver 19.51.15.3 installed and repaired with Intel Driver and Support assistant. "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" after several driver upgrades, disabling and repair attempts. I restarted twice already.

The associated Bluetooth driver was recognised and has paired with my phone as a test. 

Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_095B&SUBSYS_52108086&REV_59\5CE0C5FFFF51142C00 requires further installation.

The hardware is a M.2 card with 2 antennae connected. It is working on a dual boot of Ubuntu 18.4.

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 + BT PCIe M.2 Card PN: 7265NGW

HP Prodesk 400 G4 SFF i3-7100

Windows 10 (edited after dgroves comment)

Patricia
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

the problem is not with HP or the driver (same with the intel driver)

the issue is with your windows 10 system, you have a windows error somewhere that is causing the issue

have you by chance added any addon  pci-e cards to your computer?

if not power off, remove pwr cord then press pwr button for 10 sec, now open system locate the small round silver looking "cmos" battery and carefully remove it, wait 10 min, then reinstall battery and pwr cable, boot into the bios and re enter the time/date,  do not change any other settings!!, reboot once more

if you followed all of my directions  and wireless is still corupted  then back up your data and do a OS reinstall

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

the latest driver for the intel 7265 wireless module is 20.90.1

second you don't specify the OS you are using so further help is impossible

the ProDesk 400 G4 supports win 10 and win 7 OS

uninstall the current driver, then reboot

once rebooted run windows update and have it search for new devices/security updates and install them

after windows finishes the updates go to this link and download the driver for whichever Os you are running and install it

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/83635/Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-7265

HP Recommended

Hi again, DGroves, thanks for all the support you have been offering.

20.90.1 is the driver package that installs drivers for the family of wifi devices all called 7265. I have already installed the latest driver 19.51.15.3 using this package. I did go through the uninstall, reboot and install driver without any effect. Intel say driver is successfully installed, but the device cannot start. My windows 10 updates, including 3rd party, are up to date. 

I looked for a driver on the HP page for my PC because this wireless card is a recommended option, but none of the network drivers are relevant.

Perhaps the driver will be updated if I notofy Intel of this bug.

Intel help pageIntel help page

Patricia
HP Recommended

the problem is not with HP or the driver (same with the intel driver)

the issue is with your windows 10 system, you have a windows error somewhere that is causing the issue

have you by chance added any addon  pci-e cards to your computer?

if not power off, remove pwr cord then press pwr button for 10 sec, now open system locate the small round silver looking "cmos" battery and carefully remove it, wait 10 min, then reinstall battery and pwr cable, boot into the bios and re enter the time/date,  do not change any other settings!!, reboot once more

if you followed all of my directions  and wireless is still corupted  then back up your data and do a OS reinstall

HP Recommended

Yes I have 2 working pcie cards. 

1. M.2 card wireless-ac and BT. Intel  7265 D.

2. Marvell chip 88se92xx SATA ports.

I can reinstall a clean copy of Windows 10 no problem, but should I try the CMOS battery discharge first?

Patricia
HP Recommended

hold off on cmos for now,

if you are not booting from the marvell card try removing it and reboot and check device manager, then manually remove the wireless device by right clicking on it and selecting remove, the from the top menu have windows rescan for new devices it should detect the card and reinstall it if it now is ok move the marvell card to another slot if no other slot is possible reinstall to same and reboot and recheck card

HP Recommended

I uninstalled the Marvell SATA driver, removed the SATA card and rebooted.
I uninstalled BT and wireless device in device manager, and followed the intel instructions for a clean install of the wireless driver.
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-i-o/wireless-networki...

Still getting the same message in device manager, the device cannot start Code 10.

What's next?

Patricia
HP Recommended

I reread the instructions you gave me. Decided it was time to reset cmos battery.

I reset the bios clock and went into boot menu; the sole drive I left attached was windows and the BIOS decided it was Ubuntu, as grub had been written to the drive. So it failed to install. Leaving the drives as they were was probably what you meant by don't make changes. 

I'm now reinstalling windows 10.

Patricia
HP Recommended

sorry to heary about the boot issue, yep that's why i said to touch nothing else as i had no idea what had been done to the system previously and changing some of the defaults can also cause problems

hopefully the clean reinstall will resolve the wireless driver issue for you

HP Recommended

I was on 1703 and for past 3 hours windows update has been downloading and restarting. None of these updates were accessible until I reinstalled.

I should have known that one update in 3 weeks was too good to be true!

Patricia
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.