Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy 700-430
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Forums now advise pc users with Intel core processor check with their OEMs to get a vulnerability fix for Intel manageability firmware versions 6.x, 7.x, 8.x 9.x, 10.x, 11.0, 11.5, and 11.6. While my reading indicates the consumer PCs are not affected, I wonder if I can trust this. I have an Intel i-7 processor. 

Advice?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@ChezLaRue

Thank you for replying with this overwhelming and detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

Don't worry as this isn't something causing trouble on your laptop and if there's any such risk we will be the first to notify you, either via email or using the HP Support assistance application.

That said, If you have any other issues or trouble with your consumer product, 

We are only a post away and ready to help.

Keep me posted for further assistance (If need be) 😉

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@ChezLaRue

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand you are concerned about the Intel Chip Vulnerability reports,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Is this an email you've received, regarding the Intel Chip Vulnerability?

Was it directed to you via HP or the intel manufacturer?

While you respond to that, We only support consumer units as a part of the HP support and we haven't been informed about the issue,

That only goes to show that your concern is only related to commercial and you need not worry if it's a consumer product as it's not affected.

Keep me posted for further assistance 😉 (If need be).

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I received an email from IObit because I subscribe to one of their news alerts. I do not mean to be alarmist. I have faith in HP and believe that a patch would be developed and advice via email  would be sent to all PC owners that HP has on record. 

I have a Dell laptop and get alerts from Dell, too. None have come from Dell regarding the vulnerability. I consider my question answered in that any Intel chip vulnerability identified so far does NOT involve individual consumer PCs. Thank you so much for your time.

Ruth Ann La Rue

HP Recommended

@ChezLaRue

Thank you for replying with this overwhelming and detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

Don't worry as this isn't something causing trouble on your laptop and if there's any such risk we will be the first to notify you, either via email or using the HP Support assistance application.

That said, If you have any other issues or trouble with your consumer product, 

We are only a post away and ready to help.

Keep me posted for further assistance (If need be) 😉

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This is the link from which I gathered the information to ask the question here: 

http://forums.iobit.com/forum/driver-booster/driver-booster-v4/220231-intel-works-with-computer-manu...

Ruth Ann La Rue

HP Recommended

@ChezLaRue

Thank you for replying with the details 😉 

I appreciate it.

I've reviewed the link and I would only trust emails sent directly from HP rather than other websites,

Besides, this link could easily be fake as it's referring you to a "Dell" website instead of redirecting you to HP to review the details of the post in iobit (if you look carefully at the bottom, under the various links provided - it reads - " you can take reference in the links below:  HP: And has a dell link attached instead".

To sum it up, you have nothing to worry about.

I hope you have a good day ahead.

Take care.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The Intel chip Vulnerability fix is where?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.