Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NewMC00
6 5 0 0
Message 11 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Intel RST driver for Windows 10 (64-bit)

I think I will try to uninstall the RST software and install the latest compatible driver from one of the links we've compiled in this thread.  Hoping to end up with AHCI emulation rather than RAID, although I'm not sure that it matters much if I'm not actually using a RAID configuration.

I am using the 240 GB SSD for boot/OS and installation of most software.  I have a 1.5 TB 7200 RPM SATA (3 GB/s) drive that I use for OneDrive sync, media storage, and large software installations.  Speed suffers slightly with the mechanical drive but I'm not willing to purchase a larger SSD currently, maybe later this year).

This was a clean install of W10 prior to adding the SSD and finding the issue with the storage controller.  I understand the registry may not be as clean as it would be if i did a clean install of W10 with the current hardware configs, but there hasn't been much other activity on the system since new.

0 Kudos
Level 20
Level 20
110,641 100,818 15,755 24,228
Message 12 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Intel RST driver for Windows 10 (64-bit)

With W10 in RAID mode, it really doesn't matter.

There is full SSD TRIM support in RAID mode for Intel platforms.

If you run the defragment and optimize drives utlity under the windows Administrative Tools program folder, the SSD will TRIM rather than defragment.

That's all you need to be concerned with.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation