Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 30L GT13-0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Product #: 1K0C3AA#ABA

Motherboard ID: 8703

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Rhayghar , welcome to the Community.

It is best to order your computer with the amount of memory that you want from the factory.  Any memory installed after the purchase will most likely not run at 3200 MHz, but at the basic speed of 2133 MHz.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Rhayghar , welcome to the Community.

It is best to order your computer with the amount of memory that you want from the factory.  Any memory installed after the purchase will most likely not run at 3200 MHz, but at the basic speed of 2133 MHz.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

Hello, thanks for the reply !

Would there be a way to ensure that it will run at 3200MHz? Would it be better to get two more of the same it has installed(x2 16GB HyperX DDR4)? Or would that not make a difference ? Also would you mind explaining why it would only run at 2133 MHz ? Thanks in advance!

HP Recommended

@Rhayghar 

There doesn't appear to be any way to ensure that any of the third-party memory will work or even the same exact memory that came with the computer.

Q: Also would you mind explaining why it would only run at 2133 MHz ?

A: The 2133 MHz is the basic speed of all memory modules.  Any speed above this requires an Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) to overclock it to a different speed, such as, 3200 MHz.  HP uses the standard JEDEC speeds in the memory module.

Here is an article that will explain what JEDEC is and does.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.