Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-0073w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm currently having a HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-0073w. The internal storage is 256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD.

Is it possible to ADD (NOT upgrade) another SSD ? Something like Crucial BX500 1TB 3D NAND SATA 2.5-inch SSD or any alternative 1-2TB SSD would help.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello
we lack information here ..
I think it is possible to add an SSD, but we do not know what are the ports of this motherboard there is nothing specified ..

motherboard specifications, Lincs

I suppose that there should be at least one sata port free but you have to open the pc!

Upgrading & Servicing Guide

HP Pavilion Gaming 690-000 Desktop PC Series - Part Locator

As we do not know if a location is planned to install it, that said an SSd is small, and we can manage to place it somewhere!
If not already tested, the site can give compatible SSDs

nb, according to the documentation there will be places for Hard disk, but as they are documents for all the series, I can not affirm it, possible that this is not the case for certain computers

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.