Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Desktop M01-F1024
Microsoft Windows 11

I have a HP M01- F1024 desktop, with a weak 180w  PSU that causing issues that causes my pc to restart after its in sleep mode . I'm is it possible to upgrade to a better PSU so it last longer without any issues ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

A restart in sleep mode can be caused by a lot of things so upgrading the power supply may not solve this problem.

You upgraded to W11. Microsoft W11 provided drivers may be causing this problem or you could have system file corruption. I can't find any W10 or W11 drivers for your PC at this (Link). This may be a temporary glitch at this HP Support site?

Check system files by opening an administrative command prompt:

Enter the following command DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Upon completion enter the next command sfc /scannow

The following compatible HP power supply upgrades are available for your case and motherboard:

HP PSU 400Watt
Part Number# L04618-800
HP PSU 500 Watt
Part Number# L05757-800

You can check purchase options at the HP Parts Store (Link).

Regards

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

A restart in sleep mode can be caused by a lot of things so upgrading the power supply may not solve this problem.

You upgraded to W11. Microsoft W11 provided drivers may be causing this problem or you could have system file corruption. I can't find any W10 or W11 drivers for your PC at this (Link). This may be a temporary glitch at this HP Support site?

Check system files by opening an administrative command prompt:

Enter the following command DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Upon completion enter the next command sfc /scannow

The following compatible HP power supply upgrades are available for your case and motherboard:

HP PSU 400Watt
Part Number# L04618-800
HP PSU 500 Watt
Part Number# L05757-800

You can check purchase options at the HP Parts Store (Link).

Regards

HP Recommended

I appreciate your solution for my issue, but it failed numerous times. Today, I've  used the Event Viewer and look into the critical issues under "Event ID 41, Task 63".  Which means, "The system has rebooted  without clearly shutting down first. The error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly". From there I did a research on YouTube and Google, to a conclusion that the error could be caused by "loose cabling" in the motherboard.

So, I decided to open my PC tower and to check to see if any of Molex connectors from the PSU were connected tightly, where found out that one connector near the CPU was a bit loose. At that point, I reseated the connectors back into its place, then closed the tower back in one piece. Now, I don't have those issues anymore and I can finally watch videos and play my games once again without reboots.

Also thanks for providing me the link for the power supplies, I might need them sooner or later when the time comes around

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're very welcome.

Good troubleshooting.

Good to see you have solved the problem. A loose power supply cable would definitely cause strange things.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.