Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Omen Obelisk Desktop 875-0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am planning on upgrading my graphics card and I wanted to know if it my Omen Obelisk would be compatible with an AMD Radeon 5700-XT.

I have an Intel i7-8700 if that helps

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@RaulG_ , welcome back to the forum.

What is the full model or product number of the computer? I need this information to review the specifications of it. Please don't furnish the Serial # or other personal information.  Here is a guide to help you find it.

Here are the specifications for the RX 5700 XT.  You will have to click on the "Specifications" tab to see them.  Read all of them carefully and match them to the specs of your computer.  I don't believe that you will have a 600W power supply unit (PSU) with the necessary supplemental power connector.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Hi,

My guess is you'll be fine, but check these two things 1st:

1. make sure your PSU is at least 600w (there will be a sticker on the side of the PSU stating it's MAX OUTPUT in watts. make sure this is 600 or above.

You'll also need 1 x 8pin power connector and 1 x 6pin power connector. If you have this, then great. If you have 2 x 6pin then buy a 6pin to 8pin adapter off ebay for a few dollars. Here's an example: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2PCS-6-Pin-to-8-Pin-Graphics-Card-Power-Adapter-Cable-Connector-Power-Co...

Hope this helps.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.