Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Touchsmart 610-1120IN
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have a Hp Touchsmart 610-1120 IN in which i wish to upgrade RAM and Hard disk to Windows 10 as recently windows 7 premium 64 bit has stopped its service support. 

The Details are Following :

[serial number removed per Rules Of Participation]

Product number:QP155AA

Motherboard : https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-touchsmart-610-1100-desktop-pc-series/5080777/model/5090264/...

I have not installed any hardware extra so the ports which are extra should still be free.

Kindly help me with following:

01. Ram Up-gradation : Can i use PC3L 12800 DDR3 SODIMM in my existing system in 4gb + 4gb configuration +  4gb + 4gb ( all PC3L DDR3 SODIMM) to make it 16 gb. will it work

02. Hard Disk : Can i replace my hard drive with a a internal SSD drive . if so can i use 2.5 inch 1 TB Samsung evo sata 3 ssd with adaptor 2.5 to 3.5 inch

03. PCIE - Can i install PCIE M2 SSD instead of 2.5 inch SSD harddisk. if so what to use 1. NVME / 2. Sata / 3. Intel Optane

Can i  use my existing hard drive along with new internal SSD drive.

04. Can the Graphics card in my system be upgraded . if so what configuration.

sorry for posting too many questions . 

Many thanks .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Dushyant_Singh Welcome to HP Forums Community!

As per your motherboard specifications: Maximum HP/Compaq approved memory is 16 GB:

1) So yes, this should work.

2) HDD can be replaced with the same or higher size of SSD, it should work, however, HP doesn't recommend or support such upgrades as the PC is designed to work at its optimal performance, that said, I would personally suggest you check with a local tech to identify if that work, before making a purchase.

3) I don't see an m.2 SSD slot on the motherboard, so that may not be an option.

4) The graphics card on your device is currently integrated and upgrading it on an All-in-one isn't supported by HP, although, to help you out personally, I did some digging and found this website for you and I hope this helps: Click here

(The above link is 3rd party and is not owned by HP, I've posted this only so that I may help you resolve this issue by going beyond my support boundaries, please ignore the ads and take only the free suggestions)

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Dushyant_Singh Welcome to HP Forums Community!

As per your motherboard specifications: Maximum HP/Compaq approved memory is 16 GB:

1) So yes, this should work.

2) HDD can be replaced with the same or higher size of SSD, it should work, however, HP doesn't recommend or support such upgrades as the PC is designed to work at its optimal performance, that said, I would personally suggest you check with a local tech to identify if that work, before making a purchase.

3) I don't see an m.2 SSD slot on the motherboard, so that may not be an option.

4) The graphics card on your device is currently integrated and upgrading it on an All-in-one isn't supported by HP, although, to help you out personally, I did some digging and found this website for you and I hope this helps: Click here

(The above link is 3rd party and is not owned by HP, I've posted this only so that I may help you resolve this issue by going beyond my support boundaries, please ignore the ads and take only the free suggestions)

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.