Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavillion p7-1451
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Does the jasimine motherboard have a hardware raid1 controller? I would like to set up a raid1 in windows 10 home has anyone set up raid1 with a p7-1451 model desktop?
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer unless someone else has the same model as yours and can tell you for certain, would be to go into the BIOS and see if there is a RAID controller setting in the BIOS.

The BIOS is probably set to AHCI by default.

However there may be IDE and RAID drive controller settings as well.

All of my HP PC's have 3 drive controller settings...IDE, AHCI and RAID.

But mine all have Intel processors and chipsets.

If your PC's BIOS has a RAID setting, then you should be able to set up a RAID 1 configuration.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for your reply!!!

I do have raid in the bios, I didn't know that was the indicator for having a raid controller.

I could not find any information on the specs of the hp jasmine motherboard.

I am trying to set up a raid1 for redundancy and finding it difficult to find information for setting up from hp.

I paid for hp support and they tell me they are not trained to support raid1 and don't know how.

I paid for microsoft support and they tell me the same thing that it is above their skill level.

I have upgraded to windows 10 pro so i could use the mirror ability.

I am using uefi and gpt with drives.

trying to figure how to mirror with windows 10 pro.

Some articles have said that a hardware raid1 is better than a software raid1.

Hardware raid 1 requires a raid controller on the motherboard.

That was the reason for the inquiry to this hp community to find out if the jasmine MB had a raid controller.

If you have set up raid1 and can point me in the right direction for either hardware raid1 or software raid1 I would greatly appreciate it. good information seems to be hard to find.

I am setting up a project that I need the safety of raid1 and mirror backups.

I am looking into the microsoft storage spaces as well.

Windows 10 backup with a system image backup has not been successful for me when i had a hard drive failure.

The restore was unsucessful.

I need to have a raid1 bootable hard drive as well as other backup solutions for this project.

Thank you so much for your reply!!!!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I have never set up a PC using RAID 1 mirroring.

I had one PC where I had the option of setting the drive controller to RAID or IDE.

RAID is better because it supports native command queing, so even with a single HDD it is better than IDE.

Here is what I recommend...

Read the AMD RAIDXpert user guide.

https://drivers.amd.com/relnotes/amd-raidxpert2_user_guide.pdf

Here is the link to the RAIDXpert utility and driver.  Select the W10 x64 file from the webpage.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-8-series-chipsets/870

Then I would imagine you will have to set the drive controller BIOS setting to RAID, and reinstall W10.

I hope that will be all you need to set up RAID in your PC.

There is also this guide from HP for how to set up RAID on AMD business class PC's.  It seems a little easier to follow than then one from AMD...

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03638880

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.