Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
870-119
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there, 
I have been recntly been upgrading my PC and have been buying new part for my builld.

I have a Omen 870- 119 Gaming PC and the motherboard is IPM17-dd2 , I want to keep using the Mobo and cpu because I see no point in buying a new one but I wanted to upgrade the cooler for my build.

I don't think the stock cooler is that great, I went a head and got a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo cooler, the only problem is that the the back bracket holds down the socket for the cpu.

is there any way I could get another bracket that fits the 3 screws to just hold down the socket of the cpu? I will attach a photo of what I needI need this partI need this part

If anyone know what I can do or what is the proper name of the part it would be extremely helpful.

Thanks,

Nick

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Nicholas8

Greetings! 

Welcome to the HP Community. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries. I have reviewed your post and I understand, you are looking for a part for your computer.

Don't worry, I'm here to help! I have sent you a Private Message with the details about the next course of action.

Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Forums.

To help the community find this post, click here to access our public post and Select - "Accept as solution", have a good day.

Have a great day!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.