Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming - TG01-1109
Microsoft Windows 11

After my graphics card (GTX 1650 Super) stopped working, I started looking to replace it. I discovered that I most graphics cards above 1650's require a 500w power supply. Therefore I need to upgrade my PSU as I only have 310w. Is there a way I can purchase a new power supply unit from HP or made by HP? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Liam83,

Welcome to our HP community forum!

Yes, your HP Pavilion Gaming - TG01-1109 (13Z86AA) as fitted with a Baker motherboard (SSID: 8767) can be upgraded with a 500-watt power supply with part number: L05757-800, which you can buy online, such as these purchase options via Amazon-Canada or eBay-Canada.

Hope this was helpful.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Liam83,

Welcome to our HP community forum!

Yes, your HP Pavilion Gaming - TG01-1109 (13Z86AA) as fitted with a Baker motherboard (SSID: 8767) can be upgraded with a 500-watt power supply with part number: L05757-800, which you can buy online, such as these purchase options via Amazon-Canada or eBay-Canada.

Hope this was helpful.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

Thank you!

Do you also know what Nvidia graphics cards would work and fit with the 500w PSU?

HP Recommended

@Liam83,

Yes, but it would be helpful to know what your approximate budget is and what your graphics expectations are?

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

My budget is around $200-400

For graphics expectations, gaming on the higher end of graphics settings with reasonable fps, around 60fps. I can be flexible with the graphics.

HP Recommended

@Liam83,

Outstanding: if you want to purchase a new quality graphics card that will last for years to come, but is at your upper spending limit -knowing that GPUs are generally a lot more expensive in Canada than in the US, look no further than a smaller-sized (two fan) RTX 4060 model, such as these Amazon-Canada purchase options: https://www.amazon.ca/MSI-RTX-4060-Architecture-2X/dp/B0C8BPW1SP/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2L9JY3QMD2TJ8&dib=e... , and: https://www.amazon.ca/GeForce-DisplayPort-Axial-tech-Technology-Auto-Extreme/dp/B0CVPDY3HN/ref=sr_1_....

You'll be very pleasantly surprised with an RTX 4060 compared with your GTX 1650 Super: UserBenchmark: Nvidia GTX 1650S (Super) vs RTX 4060.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.