Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Power 580-199ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was wondering if my pre-built PC case is compatible with the following GPU I want to install next month: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07JHXGJWZ/

It has the same dimensions as my current GPU except it's 4 cm longer, but that should fit fine, my question is if it's able to be screwed in place on the case.

This might be a very dumb question, but I want to make sure before I do anything to this PC.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome back to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

A very good question.

The 2070 mini should fit because you have a dual slot graphics card now.

A successful upgrade requires the following steps before installing the new graphics card:

1. Remove existing graphics drivers.

2. Enter the BIOS. Disable Secure boot and enable Legacy support. 

Modifying the BIOS can be reviewed at this HP Support site (Link). Look in "What if the PC does not boot when installing new hardware".

Regards

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome back to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

A very good question.

The 2070 mini should fit because you have a dual slot graphics card now.

A successful upgrade requires the following steps before installing the new graphics card:

1. Remove existing graphics drivers.

2. Enter the BIOS. Disable Secure boot and enable Legacy support. 

Modifying the BIOS can be reviewed at this HP Support site (Link). Look in "What if the PC does not boot when installing new hardware".

Regards

HP Recommended

I have already did the BIOS steps, and will make sure to remove graphics drivers with DDU before I install the graphics card. Judging from what you said, I'll assume the outer part where I need to screw it in will fit perfectly. Thanks for the reply!

HP Recommended

Hi OfficialAlexM,

You're very welcome.

Remove the current graphics card and connect the new card using the screws and connections points used by the old graphics card.

You should have no problems.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.