Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 13-r010dx x2 Detachable PC

The keyboard to my laptop is not recognizing the monitor when I attach the screen. Unable to input password to login and the cursor no longer appears when using the touchpad. I tried using an external mouse and nothing happened when I plugged in the usb. It’s like the keyboard is dead for a lack of a better description. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Are you using a "wired" keyboard and a "wired" mouse?

Or, do you have "BlueTooth" KB/mouse? Are the batteries inside the keyboard and the mouse "dead" ?

Do the "wired" KB/mouse work when connected to some other computer?

HP Recommended

Negative. The keyboard is the dock for the screen. It’s a tablet/laptop style computer. As for the mouse, it’s Bluetooth but the dock doesn’t pick up the little usb piece that comes with the mouse. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.