Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Elite keyboard
Microsoft Windows XP

Bought this keyboard years ago. Never used it. Now I'm trying to use it on a Windows XP PC. I've installed the drivers using the disk. I've plugged in the USB thingy and eventually managed to connect the keyboard to it. BUT. It's only typing certain characters : ¦,é,í,á,ú and € for the 4 character. I know these characters get typed if you hold down the AltGr key. It's as if it's "stuck". I've tried pressing it a few times to try to release it but no success.

I got the onscreen keyboard up and it worked fine. Then while it was up I tried to use the Elite keyboard. Same result as before - only the AltGr characters. Then I noticed that the onscreen keyboard had automatically switched to just highlight those characters. So I clicked twice on the AltGr key so that all the characters were highlighted on the onscreen keyboard. And now my Elite keyboard worked! Sort of. Weirdly some keys on a line on the right (9,o,l,.,and the space key) STILL didn't work. Although they did work on the onscreen keyboard.

I've tried changing the keyboard from English to Greek and back again.  Tried installing the latest driver.

Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@imlac

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

Flower_Bud is at your service.

I understand you are in need of support,

And to help you out, I'm sending out a Private message,

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.