cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Laptop acting STRANGE.

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion laptop 14-ce0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I believe this is a hardware issue.

I was watching Netflix earlier and green blocks appeared all over the screen. The laptop began making a very loud disturbing sound not to dissimilar to a dial up type sound from back in the day. It then turned itself off.

it happened a couple more times so I left it for a while. I then ran lots of hardware diagnostic tests all was fine. I updated windows and I ran an antivirus scan. All fine. 
The laptop seemed Normal again and I picked up the laptop and the screen flashes pure black. I put it down and picked it up and the same again. Then I put pressure on the place where my fingers would go when I’m picking it up and it was making the screen turn black and then it switched off after a couple of times

pushing not too hard in this place. So I feel like the pressure on the motherboard is is making it go funny, something must be wrong in there but the diagnoses is all passing.

please help! 

E0A7D475-D6BD-4CF4-AABF-9B80A521E6B4.jpeg

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It’s now stopped doing this but here’s a video of what was going on: https://youtu.be/T42qCblsBsU

considering I’ve had two issues in a day, although it’s stopped I suspect it isn’t the end! 

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation