Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Omen 30L GT13-1014ns
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I got a omen  30L: 

model GT13-1014ns with air cooler inside

what kind of liquid cooler you suggest me? And in which position? 
I could change the Cooler Master power supply 500w, too? 

let me know please 

Thanks 

antonio 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I suspect your power supply is borderline at best. RTX 3060 and Ryzen 5 go best with 750 watt.  That being said I am a firm believer in "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

Do not replace the power supply till it fails.

Is the CPU truly heating up or could it the GPU?  Is the entire inside of the case too hot?

Before messing with liquid cooling do the following

1 disable hyperthreading

2 use windows advanced power management to lower the maximum speed of the CPU.  Set the maximum to what the rating is.  If rated at 3.5 with turbo of 4, set the max speed to 3.5

3 adjust fan speed on GPU to keep it cooler.  If system does not have sensor / fan mechanism, install MSI afterburner.

If you want to install a liquid cooler to cut down on fan noise then OK, it can make a difference in noise.  The Ryzen 5 2600 runs 65 watts.  The following video shows a liquid cooler with the radiator at the top

omen with liquid cooling 

The slower the fans spin the quieter the system.  You are always better off with a two fan radiator than a single one.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.